Skip to main content

Gift of time

Sometimes I get sad, for reasons, for myself too at times.

I booked a lens through ebay from a seller living somewhere in Latvia. He took 7 days to send that lens post receiving my money. After all who cares once you get money.
I had to leave Abudhabi as I was heading my home country. The lens arrived a week late from the day I left Abudhabi. I took help from my friends and almost 70 days post my payment, I got the lens through five countries and 7 friends.
I was sad these last two months for the lens actually. I took 2 months to gather up money to buy one 80mm or such focal length lens to shoot my daughter and my wife to get results from the wonderful sensor of NEX.


The lens is an 85mm f2 Jupiter lens. Silver finish 40 years old lens. I tried it with my NEX 3 with an M39 Leica mount adapter...hmmm it didn't focus.
WHY?
Because the lens is an M39 one but it actually is for an SLR, not for Rangefinder cameras. AAAAGH!!!

I do not know why but while ordering that M39 Leica adapter, I also ordered extension tubes for NEX mount without realising that they will not be usefull with original NEX lenses as NEX lenses do not have aperture ring. But that act actually helped me to get actual required flange to sensor depth of the Jupiter lens.
With the Leica adapter and one extension ring I am fine with the lens.

The lens is superb!

Here are two example


This is my way of saying my family that I love them. As I do not know much other ways. I can write, I can shoot..those words and photos say what I want to say to you all, to the world.

Through time..the lens has survived to be a part of me. I do not think, I will let it go. I have a feeling for machines, I like them to be designed to say things and give outout that say things you want to say. I love my machines...I feel they love me too! It is weird..but that's how I am.

Someday in this month I will take prints of these two photos.


There will be oneday when I will not be riding or walking on this planet..but photographs taken by me will be there for some more time..with them, I will be with you all..with the world.

Comments

  1. Amazing photographs!! By the way, the sharpness of the landscapes stand out in some pictures!! Are they natural?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rabindrasangeet in 100 voices - Rehearsal in Chennai

 Rabindranath and his songs, Rabindrasangeet is every Bengali's colour of their culture, essence of their values. Chennai has many Bengalis living their life in a different geographical and cultural world here. A group of people, friends had taken an initiative to sing Rabindrasangeet in a group, a large group rather, counting nearly 80. They will sing 20 songs all together, once, on stage. To do this, with so many members to be in sync, they are practicing for months. This session is one of them.

KGL-Kashmir Great Lakes Trek

 Whatever you say, Things to do before you die, Bucket list, must visit places on Earth...Kashmir remained in all those lists, for me. Then, I have a book, name Witness, a photo book of journalistic photo of Kashmir, images of Kashmir troubles. Interestingly, which the editor of the book also exclaimed, that there is no image of Kashmiri Hindus being fled or extracted from Kashmir. With this complex state of visions, news, anger, frustration, religious bias beneficiaries one thing remain same and true to my existance, that I have to see Kashmir. And I do not want to see tourist Kashmir, I want to see Kashmir as Kashmiris see.  Their, my first step or plan you can say is to have a trek to reach deep inside of Kashmir, where Kashmiris are with Kashmir and themselves. Hence Kashmir Great lakes happened.  Images, I want to speak for themselves, only when I want to say something more of my vision, I have added some notes on top of those images. Curfew sick Daal lake on August 7th, 2022. Thr

Tanjavur - 2023 December end

The evening in Brihadeshwara temple, Tanjavur