Skip to main content

Bhandardara - Green lap mountain on lake

Bhandar means a bank of asset. And for many years Bhandardara remain to me as a place must see as it is a bhandar of beauty. Aks movie made it more luring.

We generally go to places atleast once a month, and it was 3 months since we had our last tour to Jodhpur-Bikaner.

Bhandardara has a dam on a lake. That was the starting point for our travel, but reaching there itself was a joy of travelling. Right companion, right music, right surrounding and superb breakfast started a superb outing.

Bhandardara treated us with some testing (pot holed) routes and then gifted us those giant mountains with Parrot Green grass carpets. All Sahyadri in and around Mumbai suddenly changes self to a vibrant Green life.

We had breakfast here.



Our dependable Quanto C8 with all its bells & whistles and muscles.


We could not keep driving when we saw this panorama. We qued for a group photo. And I lay my self on those mountains with my eyes.


The view below is of Arthur lake from the diagonally opposite end of the entry dam point. Whole sky was hugging close with its clouds. Earth was silent, as if my grandmother is telling a ghost story to us. Birds were chirping but like a hush. Raindrops were trickling down through road behind us as if nothing has happened. We could not open our umbrellas, clouds were on top hanging. The lake with its ocean like presence was still yet lucid, so much fluid like. Its changing colours described its depth. I was feeling a huge rush of Adrenalin to shout out for wings. I was dying to fly on top of the lake.
All of us were silent.


We went back to our car to reach for Amruteshwar temple. It is in this mountain range only and at the other end of the lake. It is 1000 years old, and I was praying to myself to see its surrounding unchanged as well.


Colour was not giving me the essence of the slope of those mountains. I had to make a B/W one.


This is called Nana dhabdhaba (small fall). We could not get a chance to get ourself below the fall. Youngs were shouting there like mad cows.





I found its downstream small fall more interesting. but we could not reach there, it was slippery, risky.




Gate to the sanctum sanctorum of Amruteshwar temple. The idol, shivalinga is immersed under water and is said to remain like that for ever. the water comes from the river.


The temple has a bowl cum crusher shape stone kept in a stone cut out. It is said that no one can lift that stone with his/her elbow while sitting. the reason is pretty simple. althought that stone is not much heavy for elbows to lift it but while lifting it in a kneel down position, one's centre of gravity shift forward, so one falls. Pretty smart!



An old man was selling wild flowers (I guess). He had only one bunch, but by magic he brought another one the moment my wife bought one.


I forced myself to lay down my fast acting mind, I lay down my egos, I could not lay down self. I wish I could & stayed there some day, doing nothing but enjoying "doing nothing".




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rabindrasangeet in 100 voices - Rehearsal in Chennai

 Rabindranath and his songs, Rabindrasangeet is every Bengali's colour of their culture, essence of their values. Chennai has many Bengalis living their life in a different geographical and cultural world here. A group of people, friends had taken an initiative to sing Rabindrasangeet in a group, a large group rather, counting nearly 80. They will sing 20 songs all together, once, on stage. To do this, with so many members to be in sync, they are practicing for months. This session is one of them.

KGL-Kashmir Great Lakes Trek

 Whatever you say, Things to do before you die, Bucket list, must visit places on Earth...Kashmir remained in all those lists, for me. Then, I have a book, name Witness, a photo book of journalistic photo of Kashmir, images of Kashmir troubles. Interestingly, which the editor of the book also exclaimed, that there is no image of Kashmiri Hindus being fled or extracted from Kashmir. With this complex state of visions, news, anger, frustration, religious bias beneficiaries one thing remain same and true to my existance, that I have to see Kashmir. And I do not want to see tourist Kashmir, I want to see Kashmir as Kashmiris see.  Their, my first step or plan you can say is to have a trek to reach deep inside of Kashmir, where Kashmiris are with Kashmir and themselves. Hence Kashmir Great lakes happened.  Images, I want to speak for themselves, only when I want to say something more of my vision, I have added some notes on top of those images. Curfew sick Daal lake on August 7th, 2022. Thr

Tanjavur - 2023 December end

The evening in Brihadeshwara temple, Tanjavur