Skip to main content

Kindergarten of ancient trees - Chintamani Kar bird sanctuary (Kolkata suberb)

i am free
i create thee
and I create city

then...i cry for my cries
for a place to hide
to hold a tree tight.

Chintamani Kar was an artist who fought for this garden originally known as "Kayaler bagan" to become a bird sanctuary.
What a gift to his fellow citizens. Here is the detail in wikipedia

I came to know about this garden from my friend Shaibal. We travelled lot of places around Kolkata with him. He is a man of knowledge and passion for uncommon jewels of life.

I had a chance this year to come back to this garden once again. Photos that I have put below are my interpretation of the place that I visited 2016 winter morning.

Gate of CK bird sanctuary -
 
Right from the entry behind the main gate will stop you still to notice the sudden difference of environment. Almost like a magic-land, you will be standing in front of a dense jungle, with two trails to go for....

But if you look up, you can still see modern city standing tall on you and the jungle, here you can see the tower, but that don't last for long. Go a little bit more, you will be able to see very little of sky as it is so much covered by huge trees.

Even in some places, you will fear of danger, yet you are actually just 20 metres away from the main road by your right.




Winter morning was full of mist and such beauties.

time has holes
i stand there seeing still holes
my time is passing through
i could see passive me stayed there so many years
let me talk to me
i don't know where else to go
what else is left
what joy to owe



contorted time...


 a passage to solace -


a sculputre
an abstract
some shadows, some light
bring you memories
your fights
they stand silent
so you too
with time and your walks
you come back too


it is dense
it's dizzy
no rule to angry for
you don't follow other
you dizzy, for you are free
you are old, you know time
gets dry
you let you fly
come here that's why


Probably the house of the guard-

Guide map and watchman's cycle-

This is not a big garden, it is small like a diamond ring on the finger of an Octavian's left hand. Yet you cut trees there in too, for some money or may be some selfish things to do.


Morning was misty, leaves wet with moist
i stand wet with own cries to sweat
how you stay in your rules
as you pray
with their rules
two side of you
none are true
yet you smile this morning for you
you smile for the trees too




Trees here are LARGE, old like a creation of time-

feel like the drops of dew
about to fall
landing silent few
on your palms too.
you sit down now
how to stand where time sits
with you.




Winter morning in Kolkata with a newspaper and tea - the ticket counter guy was waiting for his next morning visitors.


By the way, you can see birds there too if you want, have patience and knowledge. Be silent there anyway for all reasons.




The Wall

Comments

  1. I am going through the b&w and coloured photographs taken in so details depicting various angles of invaluable jungle treasure Though birds are not to be seen The moods of the snaps are perfect The very little light and shades protruding from little sky are amazingly charming I salute the ability of the photographer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rabindrasangeet in 100 voices - Rehearsal in Chennai

 Rabindranath and his songs, Rabindrasangeet is every Bengali's colour of their culture, essence of their values. Chennai has many Bengalis living their life in a different geographical and cultural world here. A group of people, friends had taken an initiative to sing Rabindrasangeet in a group, a large group rather, counting nearly 80. They will sing 20 songs all together, once, on stage. To do this, with so many members to be in sync, they are practicing for months. This session is one of them.

KGL-Kashmir Great Lakes Trek

 Whatever you say, Things to do before you die, Bucket list, must visit places on Earth...Kashmir remained in all those lists, for me. Then, I have a book, name Witness, a photo book of journalistic photo of Kashmir, images of Kashmir troubles. Interestingly, which the editor of the book also exclaimed, that there is no image of Kashmiri Hindus being fled or extracted from Kashmir. With this complex state of visions, news, anger, frustration, religious bias beneficiaries one thing remain same and true to my existance, that I have to see Kashmir. And I do not want to see tourist Kashmir, I want to see Kashmir as Kashmiris see.  Their, my first step or plan you can say is to have a trek to reach deep inside of Kashmir, where Kashmiris are with Kashmir and themselves. Hence Kashmir Great lakes happened.  Images, I want to speak for themselves, only when I want to say something more of my vision, I have added some notes on top of those images. Curfew sick Daal lake on August 7th, 2022. Thr

Tanjavur - 2023 December end

The evening in Brihadeshwara temple, Tanjavur